Pages

Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff

Monday, July 31, 2017


This is one  of those go-to recipes I use when I really do not want to cook, but  I know that I will be  even more inclined not to cook as the day goes on. Every now and then I am a total sucker for convenience foods. In fact, I always make sure I have packets of italian salad dressing mix and a can or two of Healthy Choice reduced fat cream of chicken soup on hand so I can make this meal on days like today.  I first had this chicken stroganoff almost 12   years ago when our youngest child was born. A friend from our church brought us over   chicken stroganoff ,and my  husband and older sons loved it. So it became a favorite meal very quickly. I love that it is so versatile.You can add mushrooms ,onions,  or even broccoli florets.You could also use sour cream instead of the cream cheese. Or use  both to make it super rich. It can easily be doubled for a larger family. I use reduced  fat  cream of chicken soup  and cream cheese. Who doesn't love a tasty, kid friendly meal that cooks in the crock pot all day?



Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff


Ingredients

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed

 2 T butter

1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix

1 (8 ounce) package  reduced fat cream cheese (or you can use sour cream)

1 (10.75 ounce) can reduced fat condensed cream of chicken soup


Directions


Put chicken, butter and dressing mix in slow cooker; mix together and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.

In a bowl, whisk together the cream cheese and soup. Pour over the chicken and cook on high for another 1/2 hour or until heated through and warm.


Serve  with rice ,egg noodles or  pasta of your choice.


15 comments:

  1. Hello! Found you at random, but I had to leave a comment and tell you how AMAZING your blog design is. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gathering all the yummy crock pot recipes that I can in anticipation of heading back to school/work. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love crock pot recipes. This sounds like a yummy one! Thanks for your comment on my recipe! Following you too now! XOXO, Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to let you know that thanks to your link up on Not Just A Housewife, this is in my crockpot, RIGHT NOW! :D Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely going to try this soon! Wish I would have thought about it earlier today...maybe it will be tomorrow's dinner! :)
    http://www.sugarandspiceandallthingsiced.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm lovin your blog! Hopped over from the W/W hop and I'm your newest follower! Enjoy hosting this week! Stop by my blog if you get the chance :D

    ~Carolyn
    www.cookinformycaptain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Yumm! I'm your newest follower from W/W Hop!!

    I hope you can stop by my blog when you get a chance :)

    Karina
    http://karinaschallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi There!
    Following you from the hop!
    That looks so yummmy.. I'm hungry!
    I like cooking .. but i prefer baking.. My bf is a chef.. so he cooks for me! :)

    Thanks,
    Angie
    http://ourlittleinspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a new follower from the Welcome Wednesday Hop via GFC and Facebook. Hope you can stop by my blog and check it out.
    http://www.atthemapletable.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great recipe and blog! I'm a new follower from the WW hop. Hope you'll stop by!

    http://cajundelights.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm your newest follower from Welcome Wednesday! I would love for you to stop by and say hi! www.textbookmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love chicken stroganoff, but I have never done it in the crock pot, so will give it a go soon!

    New follower from Welcome Wednesday. http://www.kylieofiu.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there, new follower from Welcome Wednesday.
    I have 5 boys so am exciting about what you're cooking up!

    Michelle
    www.ourwonderfilledlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks yummy! I'm a new follower from Welcome Wednesday. I'd love for you to stop by and follow back.

    Donna
    Pot of Gold Giveaways

    ReplyDelete
  15. My grandma used to cook stroganoff all the time, what a great reminder! By the way, I'm hosting a recipe link up party on my blog and would be thrilled if you decided to participate!!!
    http://dcinstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete