Pages

Grilled BBQ Bacon Chicken Kabobs

Wednesday, July 5, 2017




We do a lot of grilling in the summer  months. For obvious reasons. Quick, easy meals that do not heat up the house. This particular chicken recipe was a huge hit with my husband and my boys. There was not a single piece left and they all said I can make this again and soon. My husband wants to try to rub on pork next time he uses his smoker. All you do is make the rub in a food processor and coat the chicken , thread them on skewers and grill. The fat from the bacon in the rub keeps it moist. Seriously good ! I was going to baste the chicken with bbq sauce at the end of the cooking time, but one of my kids would not eat it with the sauce , so I decided to serve the sauce on the side, for dipping.  I used Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce. For the bacon. I used the prepackaged ready made bacon .  It is already cooked and it makes the rub perfect!  These would be good as appetizers too. Yum!

Grilled BBQ Bacon Chicken Kabobs

Ingredients
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken, cubed for kabobs
3 T brown sugar
2 T smoked paprika
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
6 pieces ready cooked bacon 
1 cup bbq sauce, for serving

Directions
1. Preheat grill.
2. In a food processor , add the brown sugar, paprika, salt,pepper ,garlic powder, onion powder and  ready cooked bacon . Pulse all ingredients until you have a rub. about 15 seconds.
3. Place the rub in a bowl and dredge each piece of chicken in the rub, then thread on skewers.
4. Grill until the chicken is cooked, about 4 -5 minutes on each side.
5. Serve with bbq sauce for dipping.

I am linking up this week to The Dedicated House and Stone Gable Blog  and  Eighteen25  and  A Stroll Through Life and   My Uncommon Life in Suburbia    linky parties. Head on over to see some great ideas !


No comments:

Post a Comment