Pages

Homemade Pimento Cheese

Tuesday, April 25, 2017



I can't believe I have never posted this recipe!  Pimento cheese is always in my refrigerator. It is a staple food in our house. I use it to make grilled pimento cheese sandwiches, as a dip for crackers or celery, and in scalloped potatoes. I just use pimento cheese in place of the shredded cheese. Oh.so.good.  My nana always told me to use blocks of cheddar cheese and to grate it myself. The cheese you can buy preshredded doesn't work well . And the sharper cheddar the better :)

         HOMEMADE PIMENTO CHEESE

                           Ingredients
1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 4oz jar pimentos
1 cup mayonnaise (I use Dukes brand)
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp garlic powder

                             Directions
1. In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients and stir until everything is mixed well.
2. Refrigerate.


No comments:

Post a Comment