Pages

Chocolate Cream Cake

Wednesday, October 19, 2016




Have you ever had a recipe that you request over an over, and cannot get enough of? This cake is one of those recipes for me. My nana made this cake for as long as I can remember for birthdays. Every year this is the birthday cake of choice. Nothing fancy. Most of the time not even a candle. Just the cake, sitting on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator, waiting to be devoured ! I must admit that I cheat. I do not make the chocolate cake homemade. It is semi homemade. From a box. but the frosting is what makes the cake, so I don't mind the cake part. I use a good devil's food cake and it is the best cake . Perfect for all occasions!

Swiss Chocolate Cake

1 box devil's food cake mix
1 box vanilla instant pudding
3/4 cup oil
1 c milk
4 eggs

Mix ingredients together and beat well. Pour into two greased and floured cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-38 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.When slightly cooled, turn onto a cooling rack and cool cake completely.

icing:
1 8oz cream cheese, softened
1 c powdered sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
12 oz container of cool whip
3 Hershey bars, shaved ( I use Dark)

Mix all together well. Place one cake on a plate and cover with icing. Place second cake on top and frost the rest of the cake. Keep refrigerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment