Pages

Maple Chicken Tenderloins

Wednesday, September 7, 2016



I have a confession. I am a recipe hoarder. Seriously. I am constantly printing, cutting out or jotting down recipes.Every day I add to my pile.It is so bad, I have to go through my pile every few weeks and downsize those recipes that I thought I would make at the time,but have since decided against. Now people, I am a spice snob. I tend to use Penzey's Spices on a regular basis and very ,very rarely do I buy any other. But looking through my myriad of recipes,I have always come back to this one, and it calls for Montreal Steak Seasoning. So I caved and bought a bottle. Made the recipe...and I am hooked! This recipe is ah-mazing. One of the best I have tasted in a long time.Plus, it is super easy to make,with very minimal ingredients and effort.I strongly suggest you make mashed sweet potatoes to accompany this chicken. Your taste buds with thank you. I know will have a bottle of McCormicks Montreal Steak Seasoning in my cabinet. Because I know I will be making this recipe often. And sharing it with anyone who tastes it . Now I am off to try to downsize the ever-growing pile of "to try" recipes. :)

Maple  Chicken Tenderloins
Ingredients
1 lb chicken tenderloins
2 tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
2 T butter
1/4 real maple syrup (splurge and use the real stuff.It is worth it. )

Directions
1.Lightly coat chicken with steak seasoning on both sides. Heat butter in a medium high skillet  and cook chicken 6-10 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
2. Stir the maple syrup into the hot skillet , scraping the seasoning from the bottom. Cook about 2 minutes, stirring.
3. Put chicken back into the skillet  and coat with the maple syrup glaze. Simmer for a few minutes to rewarm the chicken.
4. Serve over mashed sweet potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment