Pages

Cupcake Liner Valentine Heart Wreath

Monday, February 8, 2016


I have searched for a valentine wreath for a few years now to hang on the window above my sink. They have either been too gaudy with hearts , too heavy , too big or too expensive. I saw online a tutorial using cupcake liners to create a wreath that I loved .Last Valentine's Day I stocked up on cupcake liners while they were on major sale at Target, so I dug them out  and went to work.This was so easy to make. I made it Sunday night while watching Downtown Abbey, Season 4.I love it! All you have to do is scrunch the cupcake liners in the middle and ,using a glue gun, dab a bit of glue onto the wreath and stick the liner in the glue. Make sure you hold it there for a few seconds to let the glue set a bit. After the glue has dried on all of the liners , you can adjust the paper width to cover holes in the wreath. Super easy, you guys. I think it would also be gorgeous if you used a black and white cupcake liner and hung it from a red ribbon. So many possibilities.
 The wreath  is lightweight and just the right amount of pink and red not to completely annoy my husband! And it the perfect size for the window. (Even though this pic is obviously using the calendar as a background).


18 comments:

  1. This is really cute - perfect for those who do not want a heavy wreath... love it... Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy! I love the way it turned out. Have a great day! ~Liz

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Lori I used a white foam , heart shaped wreath I found at Michael's Craft Store

      Delete
  3. so cute Liz!

    i have seen
    lots of coffee filter wreaths
    but never thought about
    using cupcake liners

    thanks for sharing
    at Fridays Unfolded!

    (pinning!)

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison, thank you for hosting Fridays Unfolded! And thank you for pinning!

      Delete
  4. Very pretty! I too love Downton Abbey, but I can't do anything else while watching! Thanks for sharing this lovely wreath! Kari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Downton Abbey is my mommy time. Quiet , with no interruptions. Bliss. So I get in as much on my to do list as I can ! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. ~Liz

      Delete
  5. Hi Liz,

    This is such an adorable idea! I just love your pink heart wreath. Great job! I hope you will stop to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words about the wreath! Headed over to your blog now. ~Liz

      Delete
  6. Your wreath turned out very pretty. I would have been covered in burns from the glue gun if I had done your craft watching Downton Abbey. It really was a good show this week wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a great episode. I am loving the flapper dresses, music and dancing that we are seeing this season. I love the 1920's!

      Delete
  7. How many containers of cupcake liners did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce, I used two containers. ( a few were left over) . ~Liz

      Delete
  8. This is so pretty! Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would totally make one and I LOVE this! Featuring you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete