Pages

Our Summer Home

Wednesday, August 5, 2015




   Anyone who knows me knows that I am a bone fide homebody. I would rather be home than anywhere else on earth.  I am one of those ocd people that decorates for every season. Summer is no exception. I decorate the house with as much natural decor as I can. I like calm. Lots of black,  brown and green. And even more burlap and linen :) And I have recently discovered that I love to add silver into the mix. It looks great with natural cotton and fresh plants. Here are a few snap shots of some of the rooms in our home. Mainly so I can have documentation of how I placed things for next time. And to see how different the house will look when I decorate for fall !











8 comments:

  1. I stumbled across you on Instagram and just now figured out you have a blog. I love the cotton wreath on your fireplace screen! I have a similar one and now need to copy you :) I can't wait to try some of your recipes...they look so yummy. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angelia thank you so much for stopping by! Your kind words made my day! I look forward to hearing from you again. If you do make recipes I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

      Delete
  2. Your home is absolutely stunning! I think I need to hire you! I am loving the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home looks spectacular! I love all the special things you've decorated with....especially those beautiful long photographs on the wall. Are they family pictures or photographs you found? I'm including your amazing decorating in my features tomorrow at Your Turn to Shine. Thanks so much for sharing with us! Jamie | anderson + grant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie thank you so much for the feature!!!!! The photographs are yard longs that we have found at auctions and estate sales through the years. Mostly military. I would love to have one with family!!!

      Delete