Pages

Eggnog Pound Cake

Saturday, December 9, 2017


I love the holidays. One of the best parts is all of the baking I do. This year I  decided to concentrate less on cookies and more on cakes. I found this pound cake recipe in an email  and immediately knew that I had to make it. So glad I did. This pound cake is perfect! Soft, spongy and egg nog tasty! And...it is easy! When I went to pick up egg nog at the store, there were different flavors of egg nog on the shelf, like pumpkin egg nog and red velvet egg nog. I think I might pick up a pumpkin one  and make this using that to see if it changes up the flavor a bit.  This recipe is a keeper for parties and to give as gifts. 


Egg Nog Pound Cake

recipe from Southern Living Magazine

 1 box pound cake mix

1 1/4 cups eggnog

2 eggs

 1/2 tsp fresh grated nutmeg

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a bundt pan with cooking spray. Set aside.

In a large bowl with an electric mixture on medium speed, mix all of the ingredients together until

incorporated, about 2 minutes. Pour into the bundt pan and bake for 1 hour, or until the cake is

 cooked through. Let cool and release from pan.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment