Pages

Spicy Honey Chicken Thighs

Friday, November 14, 2014


This is a go- to recipe for those really busy weeknights.Super simple to put together and the end result is a super tasty chicken dish. I use local honey from a local apiary and it is soooo good. I read somewhere that when cooking with honey, try using local honey produced by bees indigenous to your region. The honey tasted wonderful, but I am not sure if it was because of the local bees or if it was all in my head. Who knows. But I will add this meal to my weeknight rotation. And if I do have leftovers, they are great the next day as pulled chicken sandwiches . * And as always, I double the recipe to feed my family of 5.


Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs
From Cooking Light
Serves 4

  • 2  teaspoons  garlic powder
  • 2  teaspoons  chili powder
  • 1  teaspoon  salt
  • 1  teaspoon  ground cumin
  • 1  teaspoon  paprika
  • 1/2  teaspoon  ground red pepper
  • 8  skinless, boneless chicken thighs
  • Cooking spray
  • 6  tablespoons  honey
  • 2  teaspoons  cider vinegar
1. Preheat broiler. Combine first 6 spice ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side.
2. Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well. Remove chicken from oven; brush 1/4 cup honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute. Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush other side with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment