Pages

Pumpkin Pie Chex Mix

Tuesday, November 18, 2014



This is the first time I have made this chex mix ( I printed it last fall from the Pillsbury site) . I never got around to making it but decided to make it today to usher in the freezing cold weather   as a treat for the family. And I have to say, it rocks! The house smelled amazing while it was in the oven and it was so easy to put together. I did not add the pecans this time. I didn't have any , so I left them out. My husband mentioned the omission, so next time there will be pecans. I think next time I will also double the recipe. My kids inhaled it when they got home from school.

Pumpkin Pie Chex Mix

adapted from Pillsbury

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
3 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon plus  pumpkin pie spice
2 cups cinnamon Chex cereal
2 cups wheat  Chex cereal
2 cups Honey Nut cheerios
1 cup pecan halves

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet and set aside. In small bowl, mix brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice; set aside. In small microwave-safe dish, microwave butter on High about 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in vanilla. In large  bowl, mix all cereals and pecans. Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly distributed. Add sugar and spice mixture and stir until coated.

2. Place the mixture on  the parchment lined cookie sheet and spread evenly . Bake at 250 for  about an hour, stirring every 15 minutes or so. Let it cool and store in an airtight container.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment