Pages

Easy Baked Rice

Sunday, November 9, 2014


I have to admit I feel a bit silly posting a recipe for rice. Cooking rice is a very basic thing, and most everyone can do it, This recipe, however, is the only way I cook rice. And it is baked. And it is super easy to do. You basically start it on the stovetop and as it comes to a boil, you lid the pan and put it in the oven to bake. I swear, y'all. it is perfect rice every time. And you can add veggies ( I have added chopped broccoli, cranberries and fresh herbs with success) and you can get creative with the spices. I use cumin and chili powder for a rice to serve along side tacos or enchiladas.

I figure you guys are looking for quick sides too, and with the holidays approaching, this would be perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas menus. I highly recommend this side dish, on any occasion.

Easy Baked Rice

Ingredients
1 T butter (or olive oil)
1/2 c chopped onion
1 c long grain rice
2 c chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
salt and pepper , to taste

Directions
1,Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.In a medium stove top to oven pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
3. Add the onion to the butter and cook 3 minutes.Add the rice and stir to coat.
4.Add the chicken stock and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Bring to a boil.
6.Cover and place the pot in the oven.
7. Bake 20-25 minutes, until all of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
8. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment