Pages

Baked Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts

Sunday, November 23, 2014






About a year ago I purchased two doughnut pans. My kids love doughnuts. So on lazy weekend mornings I make up a few batches of doughnuts to feed the kids for a late breakfast/brunch. They usually snack on them until lunch. I have made quite a few different kinds of doughnuts these past few months, but they all ask for the cinnamon sugar ones. The batter is so easy to make and once they are in the doughnut pan and baking it goes fast. If all 3 boys and my husband are home I double the recipe. 2 dozen doughnuts seems like a lot, but with teenagers , they go fast.

Baked Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts

Ingredients

    • 2 cups flour
    • 2 teaspoons baking powder
    • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
    • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
    • 1/4 teaspoon mace
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1 1/2 cups sugar
    • 1 large eggs, beaten
    • 1 1/4 cups milk
    • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
    • 2 teaspoons vanilla
    • TOPPING
    • 3/4 cup brown sugar
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
    • 1/4 cup butter, melted

Directions

  1. Mix all 7 dry ingredients in a medium size bowl.
  2. In a smaller bowl, beat egg. Mix egg with milk and melted butter. Add vanilla.
  3. Stir milk mixture into dry ingredients until just combined being careful NOT to overmix. Pour into greased donut baking tin, filling approximately 3/4 full.
  4. In a shallow bowl, mix cinnamon into brown sugar . Set aside . I another shallow bowl, melt 1/4 c butter.
  5. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-18 minutes.
  6. Let the doughnuts cool for a few minutes. While still warm, dip each doughnut into the melted butter, then into the cinnamon sigar mixture. Serve while warm. 

Happy Eating,

Liz

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I bought a donut pan over a year ago and still have not used it. I am bookmarking this recipe to try later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, I always forget to use mine. It is one ofthose novelty kitchen items. If I didn;t have kids to remind me that I have a doughnut pan, I wouldn't use it very much at all.Thanks for stopping by The Fresh Plate.

    ReplyDelete