Pages

DIY Striped Halloween Candelabra

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

I have had such a positive reaction to my Halloween home tour this year. Thank you to everyone who has stopped by and left a comment , pinned the pictures or shared on Facebook. I really appreciate it. One of the do it yourself projects that I did this year were the black and white striped candles that I used in my hanging candelabra. I have been looking for striped candles for months to no avail. actually, I did find some similar to what I was looking for, but the price tag of $12 each made me figure out how to make my own. I came up with the idea of using black  electrical tape , and wrapping them around plain white candles to get the striped effect I wanted. I think they turned out beautifully! And they are so simple to do! You can use any color candle and tape you choose.

You will need:
Candles in your choice of size and color
Electrical Tape
Scissors

All you do is cut the tape and wrap it around the candles!  How easy is that! You can make the stripes as thin or as wide as you like. And the tape comes right off if you mess up and need to realign it on the candle.







Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment