Pages

Our Christmas Home Tour

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Welcome to our very first Christmas Home Tour 2013! We made a major move this year and we have had so much fun decorating our new home. After many years of colorful Christmas decor, I decided to stick with neutrals and organic decor. My kids are getting older and I wanted a more grown up look. When we moved , I jumped on the burlap , birchwood and neutral decor bandwagon and I love the way the house turned out. The house ,of course, is a work in progress and I will collect more and more pieces over the years to add to the Christmas decor, but for this year, I am happy with the way the house looks. Here are some pics.


Here is our dining table. I wanted something not fussy. Burlap table runner with three Christmas trees on the table. Closer to Christmas, I will add candles and dinnerware.


This year I decided to hang the stockings on the stairs. I tried hanging them on the mantle in the living room, but they seemed too big and it made the mantle look so crowded. They look great as you walk in the front door. Burlap and linen. The yarn letters I found at Target.


The formal living room all decked out. The reindeer Night Before Christmas on the shelf is from Dear Lillie . The reindeer pillows I found on etsy .The NOEL burlap banner I made. I found the burlap banner at Hobby Lobby and painted the letters with black acrylic paint.


A closer look at the Night Before Christmas art print, reindeer pillows and Noel burlap banner.


The formal living room mantle. I used lots of wood in my decorating this year. I found the wreath at TJ MAxx, the star nativity at World Market and the snowflake pillows at Target. I made the reindeer silhouettes. So easy.


My nativity is from the Willow Tree line from Demdaco. It is beautiful.


A collection of vintage Santa Claus figurines and a glass Christmas Tree platter by Peggy Karr Glass.



The window in the kitchen over the sink.


A vignette on the coffee table in the living room.

Chalkboard print ! One of my favorites!
Stay tuned for the rest of the house next week! 

8 comments:

  1. I love the natural color palette. Everything is so quaint and tastefully done. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. I was going for calm and classic. Thank you for stopping by ! ~Liz

      Delete
  2. Liz! I love the natural elements you used in your home. And, you mantle is GORGEOUS and so are those stalkings.

    xoxo
    Denyse

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a very pretty home, and your decorations are wonderful - love the natural look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, thank you! I love the natural look, especially for the season. Merry Christmas! ~Liz

      Delete
  4. Your home is absolutely LOVELY!!!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at our Christmas Extravaganza Party!! Pinning :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting the party! And thank you for the compliments on our home! Merry Christmas! ~liz

      Delete