Pages

Chocolate Cobbler

Saturday, January 14, 2017

.


I figured since I am such a huge fan of Christy Jordan's cookbook , I should make a few of her recipes  to post. I decided to make the chocolate cobbler. I had every ingredient here, which is a plus. Oh my goodness, I have a favorite new dessert! This cobbler is wonderful. It is cake on the top and a layer of fudgey goodness on the bottom. I do  want to mention that is not overly sweet. The recipe uses cocoa powder and not chocolate, so it has an old fashioned taste to it. But warm out of the oven, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side, it is a perfect way to end a meal. I   will definitely be making this again in the future. Thanks for a great recipe, Christy!
Chocolate Cobbler

from Christy  Jordan  of Southern Plate
1 Cup self Rising Flour
3/4 Cup sugar
2 Tablespoons Cocoa
1/2 Cup Milk
1 teaspoons Vanilla
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Cocoa
1 3/4 Cup hot tap water
1 Cup chopped pecans (optional)
Mix together flour, sugar, and cocoa. Add milk, vanilla, oil, and nuts (if using). Mix well. Pour into greased 8×8 inch pan. Mix 3/4 C brown sugar and 1/4 C cocoa together. Sprinkle over batter. Pour, very slowly, hot tap water over dry mixture and batter. Bake in 350 oven for forty to forty five minutes.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment