Pages

{ Summer Squash Bread }

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

 I  made 6 loaves of this yummy bread to freeze and two to eat for the next few days. I love this bread. Very like zucchini bread, but so pretty with yellow specks throughout! It freezes so well and is good toasted and buttered for breakfast. Great way  to use yellow squash!

Summer Squash Bread
2 eggs
1 cup canola oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups yellow summer squash, peeled and grated
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour two loaf pans.In a large bowl, beat the eggs well.Add the oil, sugar, squash and vanilla. Cream all together until incorporated.
In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and beat until well blended. Pour batter into two loaf pans. Bake at 325 for 1 hour, or until the center comes out clean with a toothpick.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This sounds delicious and Heaven knows we have TONS of summer squash available to us right now! I am going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mandee , I have always made zucchini bread . Then when I had a huge bumper crop of yellow summer squash I swapped that for the zucchini. We love it! And I will make summer squash muffins for breakfast on lazy weekends and they are inhaled. I highly recommend trying this recipe. If you do, let me know how you like it!

      Delete