Pages

Honey Balsamic Fruit Salad

Monday, August 19, 2013



Pin It
I make many bowls of fruit salad for the kids (and myself) to munch on during the week. There is a very large lidded tupperware bowl to be found on the bottom shelf of the fridge that everyone knows is full of fruit. I usually buy fruit that looks good to me at the store, come home and cut it all up and just pop it in the bowl. Sometimes I will make a lemon poppyseed sauce or a honey balsamic glaze, which I used on this batch of fruit salad.  For the fruit in this particular salad I used organic blueberries, organic blackberries, red grapes and organic honeydew melon. I have to day, the darker colors of the fruit and the pop of green from the honeydew was beautiful in the bowl. ;) As far as the glaze, it is an eyeball it kind of recipe. I drizzled the salad with honey and balsamic vinegar and stirred well.I suggest using a small amount at first, taste , and add more if you need to. Both the honey and the balsamic go a long way, so you don't need much. You don't want your fruit saturated with balsamic, just a hint of it is all it needs. And the result is heaven in a bowl. And the kids love it as much as I do. This recipe is great for picnics or a brunch! Happy Eating! 

1 comment: