Pages

{ Cherry Cobbler in a Jar }

Saturday, June 20, 2015



I am a huge fan on foods in jars. With 3 kids, I like the idea if baking  one day a week, in jars, and when the boys want something sweet, they grab a jar , pop the lid off and put it in the microwave for a few seconds. Their favorite is monkey bread in a jar. When I make that, all 8 jars are gone in a flash. I usually make monkey bread on Friday mornings because our weekends are so hectic, they can grab a jar as we walk out the door and eat it in the car.  Today , I made up a batch of these adorable cherry cobblers. These are super easy to make. In fact, I make them using apple pie filling, blueberry pie filling  and peach pie filling. By far the favorite around here among my kids is cherry.  The kids usually just add vanilla ice cream to theirs, but for hubby, I usually make coconut whipped cream to top his. Just because I know he loves anything coconut. These little jars are great for lunches, picnics and to take to the park . One of my favorite desserts to make.

FYI - The awesome recipe box in the picture is from a great etsy store rfrantzdesign . One of my favorite items in my kitchen. ( I also have her address box in my office)


{ Cherry Cobbler in a Jar }
                makes 9  1/2pint jars

  1  (21 oz)  jar of  cherry  pie filling
1/2 cup bisquick mix
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter,melted
Cinnamon Sugar (optional)

1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2.Spray 5 1/2 pint mason jars with cooking spray.Set them inside a casserole dish big enough to hold all nine,without touching.
3.In a medium bowl, add the  bisquick ,milk,sugar and salt.Mix well to incorporate.Add the melted butter and stir well to mix.Set aside.
4.Add enough cherry pie filling to fill each jar half full.
 5.Pour about a Tablespoon or so of batter on top of the cherries.There should be a small amount of headspace.If you fill it to  the  top,the batter will bake over the jar and it will be hard to get the tops on them. Sprinkle the top of the batter with cinnamon sugar. (optional)
6.Bake for about 30 minutes,until the batter is rich and golden,and the cherry filling  is bubbly.
7. You can serve these a few minutes after pulling them from the oven,or you can put the jar lids on top  when they are still hot and use them within 3 days.


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Angie, I have to agree. I love making food in the 1/2 pint jars. Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate you taking the time to leave comments. Have a great night. ~Liz

      Delete
  2. I love to make things in jars too!
    thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! So good to see you around Fresh Plate again! Have a great week! ~Liz

      Delete
  3. oh these look delicious! And perfect to have on hand when your kitchen is under construction like mine!
    Thanks for linking to our Foodie Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adelina, thank you for hosting! I enjoyed linking up. Have a great afternoon! ~Liz

      Delete