Pages

Buttery Cracker Chicken

Tuesday, August 27, 2013


Every  once in awhile I fix this chicken dish for my family.  Every once in awhile only  because I can never seem to keep butter crackers in the house! My  kids see a box in the cabinet and can eat them in one sitting , half with peanut butter, half with cheese wedges. So I have found that in order to prepare this dish for dinner I have to either hide a box of crackers or bring a box straight home from the store and cook dinner! It is a fast dinner and the flavor is rich and crunchy. I have added garlic powder , italian spice and lemon pepper on different occasions and every spice mix works well. You can substitute chicken tenders or pork chops for the chicken breasts. So next time you are planning dinner, plan on  cracker chicken!

Buttery Cracker Chicken
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup crushed butter cracker crumbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
ground black pepper to taste
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces


DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Place eggs and cracker crumbs in two separate shallow bowls. Mix cracker crumbs with garlic salt and pepper. Dip chicken in the eggs, then dredge in the crumb mixture to coat.
Arrange coated chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place pieces of butter around the chicken.
Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.

2 comments:

  1. YUM! This sounds right up my alley! I make a poppyseed chicken recipe that's similar, but a casserole. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete