Pages

Baked Turkey Pesto Meatballs

Thursday, August 22, 2013



I bookmarked these turkey pesto meatballs from Bree over at Baked Bree . Absolutely lovely blog with incredible recipes and incredible pictures. Tell her I sent you! Anyway, Bree blogged that her kids loved these meatballs and the ingredients intrigued me, so I made a batch this week. Wow, was she right. Every single one of my kids raved about these meatballs and every single kid ate every bit of their dinner. I made rotini noodles and added a bit of my homemade marinara sauce , then put the meatballs on top. I must admit, these are so easy to make and so good. I will be making them again and again. Next time I will make meatball subs with them.  When ground turkey goes on sale, I will make and freeze . Thank you Bree, for a fabulous recipe.

Turkey Pesto Meatballs
Baked Bree

2 pounds ground turkey breast
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup pesto sauce
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs whites
Mix everything in a bowl and combine well.  Roll mixtures into balls.  I use an ice cream scoop to make them all the same size.  I put them on a cooling rack on top of a foil lined cookie sheet sprayed with a little cooking spray.
Bake the meatballs at 375 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment