Pages

Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken

Tuesday, June 20, 2017



As  you have probably figured out by now, we grill often in the warmer months. It is so easy to marinate chicken, beef or seafood during the afternoon and grill it after  a  long day. This a simple marinade that  uses ingredients that I usually have on hand. I used large chicken tenders for this recipe (12 count) and it worked perfect. I have used chicken thighs and shrimp before and it has been wonderful with both. I have also left out the tequila (once) when there was none here, and it still turned out so yummy. Why not make a few extra pieces of chicken to toss on a salad or add to brown rice and black beans for a tasty lunch the next day.


Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken

Ingredients
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or tenders)
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons green onions, minced
1 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 cup tequila
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
2 teaspoons cumin
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions
Combine all ingredients except chicken in a large zipper bag. Shake to combine. Add chicken, turn to coat well. Refrigerate and marinate for about 3 hours.
Heat grill to medium high. Remove chicken and discard remaining marinade. Grill chicken 4-5 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.

17 comments:

  1. I just bookmarked this one - can't wait to give it a try!

    danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! Please PLEASE link this to my party Simply Creative over at 365 days to Simplicity!! This is exactly what I love to see!!

    Angela
    http://365days2simplicity.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-celebration-of-almost-hitting-100.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious! I have been grilling everything lately and always looking for more great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good! We love grilling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man this recipe sounds good!
    I'm hosting my first link party Cast Party Wednesday and would love it if you came by and shared this tasty recipe with us.
    http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks sooo tasty!! I can't wait to try this recipe!

    I found you from the blog hop and I now follow you via GFC. I would love it if you would follow me back :)

    http://www.centslessdeals.com

    ~JB

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also show a meal planner on my blog every Monday. Would it be okay if I shared some of your recipes? I always redirect my viewers to the direct link of the recipe, so you get full credit for you awesomeness! Oh and I'm making this recipe this week for dinner!

    Thank you for joining me his week at the Simply Creative blog party at 365 days to Simplicity! Please join me every Thursday and we’ll party like it’s 1999!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Liz,
    This is a great recipe that I can't wait to try. It looks delicious! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found you on a blog hop and now following your great new blog! I love this combo of lime on the chicken and have never tried the tequila, but I sure bet it's fantastic. Please do stop by and share this recipe over on my weekend foodie blog hop where there are weekly featured posts! It's "Fresh Food Friday" and "Seasonal Saturday". Your recipes will fit perfectly with the blog hop! I'm so glad that I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so yummy....love the simplicity....

    Also, stop by my blog and pick up your Versatile Blogger award....

    http://therickettchronicles.blogspot.com/2011/06/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Thanks for sharing another great recipe!

    Wende

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I'm featuring your recipe on It's a Keeper Thursday this week! I’d love if you stopped by and grabbed a button.

    And, feel free to link up another great recipe this week too!

    Cheers!
    Christina @ It's a Keeper
    Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Liz,
    You are featured on Full Plate Thursday this week! Thanks for the great post! You are welcome to pick up your Red Plate.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, this looks SOOO good!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saw these @ It's a Keeper Thursdays and can't wait to try them!!!! Always looking for new and exciting chicken recipes. And really you can't go wrong with lime and tequila! Check out my Black Bean Burgers
    http://westcoastleslie.blogspot.com/2011/06/black-bean-burgers.html

    ReplyDelete