Pages

Chili Lime Chicken Skewers

Sunday, July 7, 2013







Yet another recipe for the grill. I told you we grill often in the warmer months. This chicken is so good. I was so impatient  while they were cooking.The smell alone made me swoon. I threaded the chicken on skewers without  veggies, which is rare for me. I usually add a pepper or onion. But honestly, I didn't want to bother, knowing the chicken would be flavorful. I served them with grilled herbed potatoes and a fresh salad using greens from the garden. *note - I  marinated the chicken for about 5 hours and it was perfect.

Chili Lime Chicken Skewers
adapted from allrecipes.com

Ingredients

  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • cayenne pepper to taste
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
  • skewers

Directions

  1. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, and lime juice. Season with chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish with the sauce, and stir to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
  2. Preheat the grill for medium-high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers, and discard marinade.
  3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill skewers for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken juices run clear.

7 comments:

  1. These look AMAZING so we just had to feature them on our blog! Come by and grab a button!

    http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com/2011/06/it-is-time-for-another-fresh-food.html

    Love,
    The Sisters

    We are also your newest followers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sisters,
    Wow!Thank you so much for featuring Fresh Plate! And for the follow. I have happily reciprocated and look forward to your posts. Have a great weekend. ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmm...I can just taste these already. They just sound so light & refreshing! Can't wait to try them! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna,
    thank you for stopping by Fresh Plate! These are a great summer dinner idea. I hope, if you try them, you enjoy them! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just printed this one off and I think I'm going to have my son do the grilling later this week when my husband comes home from shoulder replacement surgery. The surgery doesn't take place 'til Wednesday, and he'll stay at the hospital just a night or two.

    Thanks for commenting on my broccoli post today. Yes, I considered quiche, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These looks so good!

    My sisters and I just started our first themed blog hop over at http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com beginning tomorrow. This weeks theme is appetizers. We would love for you to come over and share these or any of your favorite appetizer recipes with our blog readers. Have a great weekend.

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete