Pages

Hawaiian Smoked Sausage Kebabs

Sunday, May 12, 2013




I love the warmer weather. My husband takes over most of the dinner cooking. So all I have to do is prep and marinate. The grille is his domain. Don't get me wrong. I can use a grille like the best of them. I just give him the tongs and let him have at it. Last night we had a late dinner. The Pittsburgh Penguins were playing the NY Islanders in game 6 of the playoffs (they won!!) and we were preoccupied and forgot to marinate the meat longer. I should marinate the sausage for longer, but tonight only for about 30 minutes. Still good .No complaints from my brood. This is actually one of my hubby's favorite meals. I serve it with brown rice and corn and red pepper salad.
* I had to use canned pineapple chunks. I am out in the middle of nowhere and I could not for the life of me find a ripe pineapple. :(

Hawaiian Smoked Sausage Kebabs

SERVES 4 , 4 -8 skewers

* 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch chunks ( I use Hillshire Farm Turkey Smoked Sausage)
* 2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch squares
* 2 cups green peppers, cut into 1-in chunks

Marinade

* 1/2 cup soy sauce
* 1/4 cup rice vinegar
* 1/4 cup canola oil
* 1/4 cup brown sugar
* 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
* 2 teaspoons ginger, chopped
* 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard

1. Mix all marinade ingredients and add sausage. Marinate for 1 to 2 hours, no more.
2. If you are using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for 2 hours.
3. Heat grill to medium-high.
4. Alternate sausage, pineapple and pepper pieces on skewers. Place on grill until sausage is hot throughout, about 5-7 minutes on each side.


No comments:

Post a Comment