Pages

Chocolate Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting

Wednesday, May 22, 2013




These are my absolute favorite.You can't go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter in my opinion.I totally cheated on these brownies and used a box of Ghirardelli Brownie mix. But I did make the peanut butter frosting from scratch. The frosting has the perfect sweetness and peanut butter ratio.You can add more peanut butter or more powdered sugar to your taste. The frosting is awesome for great cupcakes too! I have a bit of icing leftover, so I will make a batch of chocolate /  peanut butter whoopie pies tonight for hubs to take to work tomorrow. I am pretty sure these brownies will be gone by morning.

*Prepare your favorite brownie mix per package instructions. Let cool and frost with peanut butter frosting.

Peanut Butter Frosting


1/2 cup butter, softened



3 tablespoons milk, or as needed
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter




Place the butter and peanut butter into a medium bowl, and beat with an electric mixer. Gradually mix in the sugar, and when it starts to get thick, incorporate milk one tablespoon at a time until all of the sugar is mixed in and the frosting is thick and spreadable. Beat for at least 3 minutes for it to get good and fluffy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Sure wish I had a box of brownie mix. I will be making these!

    ReplyDelete