Pages

Banana Bread

Wednesday, May 22, 2013







I know everyone has their favorite banana bread.I have half a dozen in my collection that I use.But I always come back to this one. It is super easy.Just dump,stir and bake. I bake my banana bread in a bundt pan because I can then put it in a covered cake plate and the boys can snack on it all day.Plus it is pretty sitting on my counter! :)

Banana Bread
3 1/2 cups flour
3 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 eggs
2/3 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups bananas, mashed
1 cup pecans, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine ingredients in large mixing bowl.
Pour batter into 2 prepared bread pans or 1 prepared bundt pan.
Bake for 1 hour or until firm and golden brown.
Cool on wire rack for at least 15 minutes before turning bread out onto tray.

7 comments:

  1. Im your friend from New Friend Friday! Love your blog! I am also a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am visint from NFF! I love banana bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delish. I probably use my bundt cake pan way more than I should, but I think the cakes always look cuter when they come out that way. Thanks for the recipe I will have to give it a try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you through New Friend Friday on The Girl Creative! :) LOOOOVE me some banana bread and what a great idea making it in a bundt pan! It's so much prettier than a loaf! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to try it out. It looks really good and you have a great blog! I am your new follower. You can visit me at http://showmemama.blogspot.com
    Thanks
    Have a great day!
    Show Me Mama

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a bunch of bananas in the freezer and a cake plate that both need to be used. Hmmm..... J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot woot! Banana bread on a cake plate...Jess, you are my kind of girl! ;)

      Delete