Pages

Spring Door Wreaths

Friday, March 22, 2013

 
 






 love wreaths. I have purchased or made wreaths for every holiday or occasion you can think of. And our old house has 3 doors.Lucky me. I love creating wreaths that reflect what I am feeling at the moment. And I always like to make them with little to no money spent. Just using what I have around the house. Every time I am at the dollar store I pick up those round wreath forms. There are about half a dozen on my craft room floor. For spring I wanted something feminine and colorful. I found these wood bird forms in my stash and a skein of yarn. So I wrapped a couple of wreath forms with the yarn. Not hard to do, just a bit time consuming. I covered the bird with a bit of material and fabric flower cut outs and hot glued everything to the wreath. I like the way they turned out , but I think they need a little something more. So tomorrow I am off to the store to stock up on burlap. I will add a burlap bow to the top of the wreath and see how it looks then. I might even add a few rounds of pink or red yarn to give them a bit more color. But all in all I like them. Next time I will find bigger wreath forms. They look so small on my doors. I think a size or two larger would be perfect. Another work in progress. As for the third door, I think I am going to attempt a live herb wreath. An early mother's day gift for myself!



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Lovely wreath!!! Gorgeous sweet bird! Thanks so much for sharing it. Would love to have you visit me sometime.
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete