Pages

{My Favorite Things} 2012 Edition

Monday, December 10, 2012


It is that time of the year again! My compilation of my favorite things - 2012 edition. Here is last years list if you are interested. To see other lists from fellow bloggers, head on over to 320 Sycamore . So many new products listed over there I would love to try out.Now for my list, in no particular order:

1) Slatkin & Co . Fresh Balsam Candle  

     I have a fake Christmas tree (hubby's preference)  and I miss the smell of the tree through the house. This candle by Slatkin & Co. (available at Bath & Body Works) smells so good and makes the house smell like Christmas to me.I burn one all season long.




2)Sharpies!

    I love Sharpie markers and pens. I use them for everything from recipe writing, journaling, calendar updating, school note writing...the list is endless. I love the new pens. They do not bleed and the colors are wonderful. I can color code my daily planner and do not have to worry about the color bleeding through the paper. I think I buy a pack every time I walk into Target. I think I might have an obsession.


3) Journals from Rifle Paper Co.

I am a journal hoarder. I am one of those people that writes everything down. From quotes, to letters and notes, to recipes, to music lyrics...
I fell in love with these journals from Rifle Paper Co a few months ago and I love them! I keep one by my bedside , one in  my purse and one in my studio to jot down whatever comes to mind. Swoon.

4) Peggy Karr Glass Tannenbaum Line

   A few years ago, my mom bought me a large oval platter from Peggy Karr Glass and I instantly fell in love with the tannenbaum Christmas Tree pattern for the holidays. The black background and the colorful print. Modern and beautiful.  I buy one piece of this every year and I  am like a kid in a candy store every time I have a new piece delivered!


  
5.See's Candies Assorted Lollypops

  I stumbled upon these lollypops a few years back by accident. I had a Williams Sonoma gift certificate to use up and I had a balance left on my card and grabbed a box of these at the checkout line. How happy I am that I did! These lollipops are so creamy and full of flavor. they are definitely addicting. I buy them every few months or so to have in the house in case I get a hankering for something sweet. The assorted box has vanilla, butterscotch, chocolate and cafe latte flavors. Seriously, I love each flavor . Especially the cafe latte ones.






6)Le Creuset Braiser in Fennel

   I started my collection of Le Creuset about ten years ago and my husband has added to the collection every year  since. This past March, he bought me  braiser and I LOVE it. Although it does not get as much use as my dutch oven, it is a very close second. I can braise chicken and sausages for my family of 6 and it is a perfect size for spaghetti sauce and chili. And the green fennel color makes me smile.

7)Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice

    One of my favorite parts of the last quarter of each year: Caramel Apple Spice from Starbucks! Apple cider, cinnamon syrup, caramel and whipped cream. Beverage perfection. While most of the year I order hazelnut lattes or mocha frappuccinos, this drink is the go to from September through January. So yummy!



8. MAC lipgloss

  I wear this lip gloss every day. It stays on, is smooth and is the perfect color. I use the shade early bloomer and it is just enough color for an every day wear.




8) Banana Republic Kristen Suede Platform Pumps

    I wear these pumps with every dress I own! I am pretty sure these heels are the only ones I actually like to wear. I can wear them with any color dress or slacks. They fit my foot perfectly . I get compliments every time I wear them. I will probably end up buying a black pair as well.


9) Downton Abbey

   I have an obsession with Downton Abbey!  I <3 the Crawley's and am counting down the days for season 3 to start ( January 6, 2013 on PBS) . I cannot wait to see what happens !


10) Charcoal Face Detox Soap

      As some of you may know, I design jewelry and accessories from broken plates. While I love my job, I do NOT love the messiness of it. I use a grinder to grind down porcelain and pottery, and I get small shards of it all in my skin. Some days, when I take my safety googles off , I look like I have a face of glitter there are so many shards adhered to my face. This soap is wonderful for cleaning up and detoxing my skin. Leaves my skin smooth and refreshed. This company is out of Brooklyn and I recommend them highly. Their perfumes are wonderful ( this southern girl loves gardenia) ! You can find the soap Here .



11) Scripture Encouragement Cards

      I love sending cards to friends and family the old fashioned way . I stumbled across these great Scripture Encouragement cards this year and I love them ! I tuck them into cards and the Bible verses on them are great. The cards are made from heavy cardstock andvery durable. I keep a tin on my desk for quick thinking  of you notes. :) These make me happy. You can find them HERE .




So there you have it! My favorite things list for 2012! Feel free to share a few of your Favorite things in the comments section!

Liz


No comments:

Post a Comment