Pages

Coconut Macaroons

Sunday, December 4, 2016


If you are looking for a great cookie for your holiday cookie tray this is the perfect recipe.So easy to make with little effort and very few ingredients. This is my husbands favorite! I love that I can make the batter and in 30 minutes have warm macaroons for my hubby. It makes him very happy. You can add an almond on top or drizzle with chocolate. I found this recipe on the back of the bag of coconut I bought to make my macaroons.The recipe seemed easier and less time consuming that my old faithful recipe so I tried it. And it won me over. This is the only macaroon recipe I have now. The other one was tossed. Enjoy!

Coconut Macaroons
14 oz bag sweetened flaked coconut
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 c flour
1/4 tsp salt
4 whole egg whites
1/2 tsp almond extract


Preheat oven to 325 degrees.Grease and flour a large  baking sheet.Mix together coconut,sugar, flour and salt until well blended.Mix in the 4 egg whites and the almond extract.Mix until the the batter is moist. Drop spoonfulls of the coconut mixture onto the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Those look delicious. I know I will love this one! Come and visit us. We are having a wonderful giveaway this week from a talented Southern author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heading over to your blog now. Thank you for stopping by! Liz

    ReplyDelete