Pages

Stuffed Green Pepper Soup

Monday, September 24, 2012



I made this for dinner and my family loved it.It is a comfort food for us. A definite staple on our  fall and winter table.And for me,it is much easier than making stuffed peppers.Which I can never seem to get right anyway.Anyway.this is a great weeknight meal with a salad and fresh bread.You can sub ground turkey or even venison (which I plan to do next time to get rid of some of my husbands endless supply in our freezer).

Stuffed Green Pepper Soup
1 lb ground beef
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 lb green pepper, diced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
2 cups beef broth
2 teaspoons beef base
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 c cooked white rice (I usede the frozen kind that steams in the microwave)

Brown ground beef until fully cooked.
Drain fat from beef and set aside
Saute the vegetables in the same pan.
Add broth, beef base and ground beef , let simmer for at least 15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
Stir in the rice.
Let simmer on low for 10-15 (or longer,it gets better the longer it simmers!)





No comments:

Post a Comment