Pages

Guest Blogger { Cheri from The Watering Mouth }

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Good Morning everyone! Keeping with my guest bloggers today,would like to introduce you to Cheri from The Watering Mouth .Cheri is one of the coolest bloggers out there. And she even made a video of how to make this dish. Yeah, she rocks. She is sharing her recipe for green beans, which happens to be one of my favorite foods on the planet. Make sure you stop by her blog and tell her you saw her here.

Hi there everybody, my name is Cheri from The Watering Mouth! A huge thank you to Liz for letting me guest post on her blog -- I am bringing you guys my absolute favorite green beans recipe and I hope that you love it as much as I do!

Every time I make this, I want to eat only this, so I guess that would be the only negative here! :D Try it out on your family and let me know what you think! It goes great with any kind of meat and has some delicious sweet, bacon-y-ness that everybody loves. Here is a video to show how I prepare it:


Sweet and Crunchy Green Beans
INGREDIENTS
2 lbs fresh or frozen green beans (any cut)
8 slices bacon
1 small-medium onion
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup sliced almonds

DIRECTIONS

Boil the green beans for 5-7 minutes or until they are tender yet still crisp. Drain and rinse them under cold water to stop the cooking.

Chop the bacon into 1-inch pieces and cook over medium to medium-high heat, until cooked the way you like it. I like my bacon to still be slightly chewy. Drain in paper towels.

Chop the onion into small pieces and cook in the hot bacon grease until almost translucent. Add almonds and finish cooking until onions are completely translucent. 

Add balsamic vinegar and sugar and continue cooking over medium-high heat until balsamic vinegar begins to bubble and caramelize with the sugar.

Add the green beans to the mixture and toss to coat with the sauce.


Bon appetit, everybody!! :D

xoxo
Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment