Pages

Guest Blogger {Chef Laura at Home}

Monday, July 16, 2012

Hi everyone! I bet you are wondering where I have been.well, it has been a weird 6 weeks. First off, my family and I went on vacation. Which was awesome. But right before we left, I dumped a mammoth sized cup of coffee all over my laptop. So... after two weeks of trying to recover anything from a dead piece of metal,we decided it was a lost cause. So off t vacation we went . I have three awesome guest posts that were supposed to debut that week, but i did not happen. So now that I am up and running again, I am featuring them this week. First up is one of my favorite people , Laura from Chef Laura at Home. She has offered up a rockin' gazpacho recipe for you guys to beat the summer heat! Super simple and full of flavor. Big thanks to Laura for taking the time to write a post for Fresh plate! 







I’m so excited to be a guest blogger today on The Fresh Plate!  Since it’s summer time I thought I’d share a simple and healthy recipe.

Gazpacho

Ingredients

6 tomatoes {preferably yellow}, halved, seeded, and coarsely chopped
2 yellow peppers, seeded & chopped
½ seedless cucumber, peeled and chopped
4 scallions, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper to taste 

Putting it all together

Place all the ingredients in a Vita-mix or Blender and pulse till combined.  It’s up to you if you want it pureed or chunky. 

{Optional}  Add 2 slices of rustic bread {crusts removed} to thicken up the soup.

Chill for at least an hour.  Serves 4

Thanks again Liz, it’s always fun to share recipes with you!

For more recipes, check out my food blog at Chef Laura at Home & Chef Laura at Home on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment