Pages

Mexican Garlic Cilantro Grilled Shrimp

Tuesday, May 29, 2012


I love shrimp. Especially grilled shrimp. This recipe is a winner, in my opinion because it is so easy . And the flavor is outstanding. I usually serve the skewers on a bed of steamed brown rice and a side of grilled asparagus. Easy summer meal. And even with the spiciness of the shrimp, my kids inhale them. But then again, they inhale shrimp of any kind. Seriously. I have to stop them from eating shrimp. They will eat until their bellies hurt. Wish they did that with their veggies!

Mexican Garlic-Cilantro Grilled Shrimp
SERVES 8 -10 , 35 -40 shrimp

* 2 1/2 lbs large shrimp
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
* 1/2 cup fresh parsley
* 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
* 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
* 1 tablespoon paprika
* 2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* wooden skewers (pre soaked in water)

1. Shell and devein shrimp. Set aside.(If frozen, thaw under cold running water)
3. Throw all the ingredients, except for the shrimp, into a blender and process until a fine puree.
4. In a large glass bowl, mix together shrimp and marinade. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
5. Drain shrimp and reserve marinade. Thread shrimp on skewers.
6. Grill skewers medium high heat just until they turn pink, turning frequently and brushing with reserved marinade.Be careful not to over cook the shrimp. They cook fast. 12-15 minutes.


9 comments:

  1. This looks scrumptuous! I love how they are kicked up a notch with the pepper flakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious, Liz! We love grilled shrimp and I can't wait to try this recipe!

    Thanks for linking up to On the Grill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! Thanks for adding it to my Linky!

    http://makeaheadmealsforbusymoms.blogspot.com/2010/07/mrs-rowes-little-book-of-southern-pies.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. added this to my must try folder! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz, I have an award for you to pick up over on my latest blog post, if you'd like it! Keep up the awesome job!
    http://successful2gether.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-first-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie, thank you so much for stopping by and for the wonderful award. Much appreciated!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to try this recipe!!! We love shrimp and this looks sooooo good:) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely trying this very soon - It looks great! I've pinned it so I can keep it on file! Can't wait to give it a try!

    ~Jessa
    www.jessajill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jessa,
    thank you for stopping by and for the google friend connect. Much appreciated. Have a great weekend. ~Liz

    ReplyDelete