Pages

Thanksgiving Decor

Thursday, November 10, 2011













If you are a reader of Fresh Plate, you will have noticed by now that Fresh Plate has become  Fresh Plate Fresh Home. I have had a food log for years now and I am a food writer.But lately I was becoming bored  with just the food aspect of the blog. Mainly because I do more than cook. I am a mom of 4, I craft, I make jewelry, I decorate, I enjoy the classics (art,literature and  music) .There is so much more to me than cooking food.So as I merge fresh plate into fresh home I hope that you,my readers,will appreciate that I have made this blog venture I have created into what makes me complete.I will continue adding recipes, but they will be between posts on all facets of my life.


That being said, here is a post on Thanksgiving decor. I am not much of a Halloween person, so I tend to decorate the house with muted browns,creams ,oranges and yellows during October and  November. These pictures are of our living room. We live in a very old farmhouse and because of that,  my rooms are closed off to one another.Not very inducive to entertaining, which is a huge issue for me with this house. My next house will definitely have more open space.
I made wreaths for the windows.Super easy.I wrapped a foam form wreath in burlap and added a single orange pumpkin to the middle. (BTW, the widow sills have since been cleaned.Lol. The wreaths that were in the widows before the burlap ones were spanish moss, which were incredibly messy and dirty. I learned my lesson o  those things!)  The pillows on the couch are a favorite of mine.Found them at Target. The framed pictures over the chair are actually placemats (also from Target). I loved the embroidered yellow,so I framed them.I added a cute runner to the coffee table and added a pottery pumpkin my mom sent me (how lucky I am that my mom and her sisters love pottery as much as I do!) and the candle holder  is a diy project.I cut off the sleeve of a old sweater and stuck a glass candle holder  in  it. So easy to do!


Christmas is just around the  corner and I am already planning out the house decor.So stay  tuned for upcoming posts o DIY wreaths, nutcrackers, and stockings as well as great holiday recipes, tips and gift ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment