Pages

Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix

Sunday, December 4, 2016


My kids love hot chocolate. In fact, it has been the number one requested beverage around here for a few weeks. It has been  cold here in the northeast, and they love the warm mugs of cocoa when they get home from school. This is my go-to recipe for homemade hot chocolate. What I love is that I can sub out the french vanilla coffee creamer for seasonal flavors, like pumpkin spice or peppermint mocha  and flavor the hot chocolate for gift giving. This year I made a batch of regular and a batch of peppermint mocha to give as gifts to neighbors, our mailman and the boys teachers. You can use any size jar or container you like. I had pints on hand this time! Enjoy! 

Homemade Hot Chocolate  ( for gift giving)

6 c sugar

1 (2lb) box nonfat dry milk

2 (13 oz) containers malted milk powder

1 (15 oz) container  french vanilla non-dairy coffee creamer (or any flavor you want)

1 (13oz) container chocolate malt mix

1 (8oz) cox unsweetened cocoa powder


In a very large, deep bowl, combine the sugar,non fat dry milk, malted milk powder, coffee 

creamer,chocolate malt mix and cocoa. Mix well to combine.Store in airtight containers at room 

temperature.

Yield : approximately 27 cups

4 comments:

  1. Homemade hot cocoa sounds like the perfect gift giving idea...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori Ann, you are very welcome! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. what amount of the mix do you add to water to make a cup? I want to leave some instructions with the person I am giving it to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caitlyn, I would say 3-4 Tablespoons per mug. Merry Christmas! ~Liz

      Delete