Pages

Favorite Things 2014

Monday, November 17, 2014



For the past few years I have participated in the link up Favorite Things post that Melissa over at 320 Sycamore does every year. Well, folks, this year she has asked me to participate in the 2014 edition and I am giddy with excitement! It really is one of my favorite posts to publish every year. I am in fine company with the blogs participating this year. Make sure you check out every one of the them. You won't regret it. So without further adieu, here are My Favorite Things : 2014 Edition


You guys know I have to have a cookbook on my list! Reading cookbooks are my guilty pleasure and Skinnytaste by Gina Homolka is one of my favorites from 2014. Gina has an awesome food blog aptly named, you guessed it, Skinnytaste  . If you are looking for great healthy recipes , full of flavor and variety , this book is for you!


If you are a reader of my blog and follow my Instagram feed you might already know that I have a slight obsession with pillows. I change them out for holidays, seasons, themes. I really think I need an intervention ! One of my favorite shops to purchase my pillows is Simply Marilee .  I have purchased bunny pillows for Easter and the bat ones I recently used this Halloween. I have never been disappointed . The quality is superb .My next purchase is going to be a pair of these chalkboard pillows. Swooning!

I have been using Philosophy products for years and I have never found one that I do not love, While my go to  fragrance is Amazing Grace, I have been using the Fresh Cream line for a few months now and I love it! Especially for the holiday season. It is sweet with hints of vanilla and whipped cream and caramel. I layer with the lotion and the eau du toilette and it lasts all day. 



Candles are always burning in our house. Always. So much so that it is a ritual to walk in every room before we leave the house to make sure that all of the candles are snuffed.I love walking in and smelling  yumminess in the house. And it also masks the fact that I live in a house with my husband and three sons :) My favorite candle ( and is perfect for the holiday season) is Nana's Pecan Pie from a great site Steph's Stuph. It smells like pecans. And chocolate. And cinnamon. It smells divine! She carries  a line of candles, as well as linen sprays. You have to head over to her site and check out her line of candles based on bourbons from around the United States. Perfect gifts for the hard to buy for men on your list. The owner, Steph, is an aromatherapist, reflexologist, and Hot Sacred Stone and Reiki practitioner based in Brooklyn, NY . She also happens to be my sister . 





I do not watch much television, but one show is on my list on Thursdays on HGTV. I love to decorate our home and I get so many great ideas from Chip and Joanna Gaines from Fixer Upper. Based in Waco, TX ( and wishing they were based in Northern Virginia) these two take fixer uppers and transform them into beautiful homes, inside and out.  I am always in awe at how they make the homes modern and livable. And Joanna's design aesthetic is spot on. And the fact that they work together , raise a family and are still happily married! Yes!



These are one of my favorite pieces of jewelry. Handmade from pieces of repurposed dinner plates! These are vintage watches made into bracelets. After Dinner Designs is my passion and every single piece is handcrafted into wearable pieces of art. * And if you use code GIVETHANKS14 at checkout you can get free shipping!


I am one of those people who are visual. I write everything down. I have notebooks and cute notepads all over the house to jot down things as I go about my day. I  get so much use out of this prayer journal from Val Marie Paper . I have the undated one and I write down  people I want to pray for, things on my mind, things  I want to remember to be thankful for. It is compact enough to fit in my purse when I am out and about , which I love. 




I spend most of my time in my studio while the kids are in school and it gets messy . I usually have my hair in a ponytail , no makeup and jeans and  flannel shirts on when I am working. I am one of those girls that always wears earrings. Usually just posts for everyday wear. These bamboo chevron earrings from Maple & Mauve are my go to. The perfect size and they go with most any outfit I put on.  They also have a pair of concrete pearl earrings I have my eye on. Maybe I will treat myself to an early Christmas present :)


I visit this website and their instagram feed daily. She Reads Truth is a daily dose of , well, truth. I look forward to the daily readings . There is even an app for your iphone or android! 



 

Did you guys know that Monica Potter ( aka Kristina Braverman from Parenthood) has a Lifestyle Website? She does! And I think it is great! It is called Mrs.Potter . Videos, recipes, DIY, beauty tips, crafting,cooking,gardening. And they have hand crafted goods for sale.Yes, please.

So there you go. My Favorite Things 2014. I hope that you enjoyed the list and you visit some of the highlighted talent. Until next year...



The next stop is Carmel  @Our Fifth House . Head on over and enjoy her Favorite Things 2014


Liz

2 comments:

  1. I totally LOVE Fixer Upper too! Such a great show! Fun list - love this series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I need to try that fresh cream! I love Fixer Upper too and could definitely use SkinnyTaste right about now :) You never disappoint -- thank you Liz!

    ReplyDelete