Pages

Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings

Friday, January 13, 2017


This is a go-to recipe for me when I have a full calendar day and need to make a slow cooker meal to get dinner on the table without a mommy breakdown . ( You moms know what I am talking about) . I am a slow cooker user, but it has to be a really good recipe for me to go back and make it again. The texture of slow cooked food is unappealing to me, so I try to stick to recipes that are soups, stews, chilies or pulled meats for sandwiches. This chicken and dumpling recipe is a tried and true that my husband and sons love. I serve a side salad and make a big pitcher of sweet tea is a great weeknight meal. Especially for the cooler months. There is something about comfort food that is perfect for a cold  night.

Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings
4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
2 T butter
2 (10.75oz) cans cream of chicken soup
1 onion, small diced
2 (10 oz ) packages refrigerated biscuit dough ( I use Grands)

1. Place the chicken, butter, soup and onion in the slow cooker. Fill with enough water to cover .
2.Cover and cook on high 5-6 hours. The last 30 minutes of cook time, tear each biscuit into pieces and  drop in the slow cooker.
3.Stir and cover the slow cooker and cook for 30 minutes, or until the bread has cooked through.

Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. I will definitely be trying this! My family loves chicken & dumplings. I always make them in a dutch oven. Never occurred to me to put them in a crockpot, which is odd b/c try to put everything in that thing! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will be trying all of these! I am so happy for you and this Blog is Awesome!!! Great way to post all your great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will want to try this as well now that it is getting a little cooler. One question, at what point do you shred the chicken? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks perfect for when the weather gets colder, and I love using my crockpot. I will be pinning this to save for later!

    ReplyDelete